Unit 5 Blog
I enjoyed the Subtle mind exercise a lot more than I did the Love-Kindness exercise. I thought that this exercise while it could be challenging was a lot more intriguing to me. I do really think it is tough to not allow your mind to wonder, when we have a million and one things going on all at once. I think this why this particular exercise was very tough, but proved to be good. I thought the exercise showed me how to be able to focus more on things that bring my mind to a peaceful place Vs the things that keep it racing as all times. I realize in order to have this type of peace of mind we need to not allow ourselves to be free in the mind and not focus on the things that won’t allow our minds to be free.
I think the connection of spiritual wellness to mental and physical wellness all starts with the spiritual side of things. In my opinion in order to be fully focused and maximize your mental and physical aspect of wellness one has to have the mind cleared and focused on the task. The best way of doing that, is getting in touch with the spiritual side and incorporate the practices such as meditation which allows the mind to be clear and free. I found that in myself my workouts got better my mental toughness improved when I was able to find a comfort level in meditation. I think that’s the most important thing is finding what works best for us when it comes to the task of putting the mind to ease. I think that’s the first step in improving all other aspects once that done and the spiritual side is good then that allows the mental side to improve as well which makes the physical side a breeze to get through which how they all are connected, one helps the other.
It is interesting to me that you feel this starts with the spiritual side. I have had a hard time with the exercises, and with trying to determine what makes up my own spirituality. I can only seem to find it in nature and things outside of me, not inside (except the feelings I have when experiencing the natural wonders on this earth).
ReplyDeleteIt really helps to hear of others experiences and know that it may not happen with the first few tries. It's nice to hear it is working for you. I appreciated reading your inspiring post.
Sally
Maybe we are made to actually reflect those things in nature that we see. The subtle mind exercise was easier for me than some of the others although I find I concentrate more on the accents than the information. LOL.
ReplyDelete